Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had kind of narrowed things down to an Ariens Deluxe 24 and still giving some consideration to the Platinum 24, and ended up buying..... a Toro 826 HD. The dealer I prefer to use carries both Ariens and Toro - after spending some time in the shop, I just liked the chute control and the feel of the Toro better. I had looked at both machines previously, but at different dealers where I did not have them next to each other. Once they put the machines along side each other and I was able to handle both, it was obvious which I preferred. Looking forward to some snow now so I can put it to use.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I had kind of narrowed things down to an Ariens Deluxe 24 and still giving some consideration to the Platinum 24, and ended up buying..... a Toro 826 HD. The dealer I prefer to use carries both Ariens and Toro - after spending some time in the shop, I just liked the chute control and the feel of the Toro better. I had looked at both machines previously, but at different dealers where I did not have them next to each other. Once they put the machines along side each other and I was able to handle both, it was obvious which I preferred. Looking forward to some snow now so I can put it to use.
Congrats on the new beast! Those are all good machines, always a good move to get behind a machine you plan on buying and see which one feels best for you. The Toro Quick Stick chute control is nice. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - I like that dealer alot, although he's a little farther away. Good service etc. There is a dealer for both Ariens and Toro a bit closer, but I really don't care for either. The Toro dealer is always more expensive for everything he sells - strictly MSRP and never discounts anything, even when there is a manufacturer promotion. The Ariens dealer is just bad for service - had a couple of bad experiences there for service of other equipment, so not wanting to make that mistake again. This dealer is very good - he actually carries Honda as well so I could have lined those up as well if I wanted. The Hondas were just out of my price range.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also recently purchased a Toro HD 826. I will be 70 before this winter is over. I had been eyeing the Ariens Deluxe 24 until they rebalanced this years model. I was hesitant to purchase the Ariens until I saw users response to its performance. Like you the Toro just felt better and is built like a tank.
I will be posting pictures as soon as the rest of my winter updates arrive. No more shoveling.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You made a great choice. Toro's chute control is light-years beyond anyone else's. It's SO slick, light and quick.

I just bought the Ariens Platinum 24 this year, because I wanted the EFI feature and Autoturn (improved). But, Ariens' chute control system, while fine, feels clunky compared to Toro.

For me, it was a very tough call between the Toro and Ariens. Toro has pro-quality build, with a great anti-clog design, and the best chute system.

Also, dealer selection is a factor. Sounds like you found one you can trust.

Congrats on your new toy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts