Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We received about 15 inches of heavy snow last night and I finally got to really put the impeller mod to the test this morning. Worked like a charm, especially on the EOD snow. Now usually I`ll snowblow up to 6 inches of light snow in 5th gear, but today`s 15" kept me in 3rd gear because I could hear my 13 hp. motor was really working. Thank goodness for the 16" impeller. The plowed EOD snow was handled in 2nd gear with zero clogging. This mod is well worth doing.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I LOVE the impeller mod, I did it on my old 622 snapper and helped tons, Then I got the Ariens 1027 and planned to do it but too many other things and now my latest keeper to replace the Snapper is a Ariens Sno-Tek 24" getting very modded with a 254cc engine, 15" tires and yes I will be putting the impeller mod on but may happen in the spring as both Ariens work and throw very well and have yet to get a clog but will be doing it to both nonetheless.

·
Registered
871 Posts
just put my impeller mod last week, got some use of it w/heavy wet snow but only a few inches. threw it pretty far for what it was but not a big test of the mod. old tires come in handy. still waintin on a big storm though, no luck this year, yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts