Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for the original flat ribbed auger belt for my Ariens model #932026 snow blower, every where I look they show the V belt, but mine the 39" in circumference, flat and ribbed not V, here is one similar to what I need http://bit.ly/2fqB5r6 , I think this is the right belt but I need to make sure, 07225300, if I was to use the V belt the brake would destroy it because it would ride to high.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see that's what worries me, it lists a V belt
"17 - 07219100 - V-Belt 4L-RMA .38 x .56 - (Used Only On Model(s): 026)."

is a V belt the same is this type of rib belt like I have? http://bit.ly/2fqB5r6

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is the pulleys and the belt I took off this machine, im starting to wonder if someone put alternate parts on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I would guess that someone did, I have only seen that type of belt on a single stage snow blower

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interesting, I wonder why someone would do this, anyway, anybody know a good source for these type of belts that hopefully I can get by size, I don't really want to buy new pulleys to get the correct belt.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Take the Old Belt to a NAPA Auto Parts Store. This Company usually has "Knowledgeable" People that can Match Things up.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Agreed on auto parts stores, those are commonly used on cars and they should have a good selection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stopped by our napa and they found one that should work, I'm waiting on the new brake to arrive then I can put it all back together for this winter.

Thank you all for your input!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Let us Know How things work out. My Local Napa Guys are Extremely Knowledgeable, and have even Matched Bearings For Me by Size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts