Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after doing a bunch of research and determining my own needs I finally made a decision for my self here in the Hudson valley, New York. I found a barely used ariens pro 926 for the LOW. This thing is pristine with little to no wear at all. It runs good and the previous owner who seems to be mechanically inclined, purchased it unused from an estate sale. I'm picking up the machine tomorrow and will be using it right away on my driveway, approx 12x60. The snow is only about 4 inches but it has a complete frozen layer on top so she'll be put right to the test. If there's any pertinent information that one would like to pass along would be greatly appreciated, tips or tricks welcome as well. Also if anyone knows the year of this model that'd help as well. Ty all in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'll show some pictures, hopefully they do her justice. All the wear that's in the chute is from me using it, that should give an idea of how much she hasn't been used. The 5 inches of fresh snow from last night was a breeze and the eod accumulation from the plows was absolutely no match, approx 8 inches. I'm the third owner. Got her 40 miles from me and was originally purchased 1 mile from me at a mom and pop store. Second owner bought it at an estate sale. Starts on first pull, every time. Heated hand warmers lolll, one hand operation and with the axle or wheel disengaged it turns on a dime. This met all my criteria and should be more than enough for what i see here in NY. Purchased for $625.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You should download the Owners, Service and Parts Manuals from Ariens.com and read them a few times. I would also pick up a few spare sheer bolts, and I would remove the belt cover, and see if there are 1 or 2 belts for the auger/impeller. If there is only one, then I would look online and see if there is a conversion kit that will convert it to 2-pulleys. It only costs about $50 and is a steal at that price. Then I would get some spare belts...just in case.

And,. every nice, I would walk into the garage and flash a big smile to it. They like that ! '

Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
114 Posts
Humm it says 11526 pro on the decal ?. If I'm not mistaken that's a 11.5 hp and not a 9hp. But yeah that's a sweet deal. Good stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts