Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a Swap on a 10000 series Today. Came out Good. Also a few pics of this Years Stable. I've Sold 5 Machines in the last 2 weeks, Not Bad For August!

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I think it is safe to say we now know who to blame for global warming and the lack of snow the last couple years.

Quite the collection you have going there.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm Now Going Through Maintenance of the Stable, as the Season Will be Here Before We Know it. Got This 1971 All Ready To Go this Morning. Thanks For the Thumbs Up on the Collection Shryp!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Engine Swap 2

Got a Rototiller in w/a Bad Gearbox. Decided to use the Engine on a 10M6D Tractor Unit. Auger is a 7-10M with Extended Chute. This was a Very Easy Swap, I only had to move the Auger Crank out an inch or 2. Engine is a Tecumseh OHV Engine. You have to sometimes get creative with the Crank if you use the Honda Clones. I'll do an Impeller Seal on it as well.
We didn't really get much Snow Here until February hit, but Feb. was a Good
Month for Me. Hope We get it Early and Often This Year!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Jackmels does that have the extended chute???? Have you tried any of your long chute converts on your older Ariens out to give an update to anyone thinking of trying that as an option??? Very cool!

Winter started late all around the Midwest and northeast then it hit hard like you said in February and march 2013....

Check farmers outlook map.....

Will wait until the end of October to see if Siberia had a fast snow cover then we will know of rough winter ahead or not!!!!!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last Photo has an Extended Chute. They Work Well; Tall ST824 Chutes can be a direct bolt-on. Sometimes I need to get Creative with the Welder to make them fit. I'm now experimenting with impeller seals.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
nice stable jackmels, hope you sell a few

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold 2 ST824s this weekend so far, and scored an ST824 w/blown auger(Now functioning, and saleable). This Looks to be a Good Season!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got a Freebie 10ML60 from a Customer today, Also took a 926 in partial trade for a 71 w/new engine. The 9-26 needed carb work, Sale is already Pending...
It's Looking to be a Good Season! Can't wait for some Snow to see how well the Impeller Seals I've installed Work Out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Jackmels is this the first year you have installed an impeller kit on your machines for sale?? People in your area are going to be coming to you even more I bet after this season is over once they see them shoot snow a country mile.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may repower the 10ML, but It's not on the priority list. This is the First Year I've Done Any Impeller Seals. I'm Looking Forward to see the Results!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the '64 Running Today, Cleaned the Points, Carb, and had to Free Up the Friction Wheel, and Voila! These Machines are Amazing. Here's some Entertainment for You All....Got Another Freebie Coming this Evening as Well!
aaaaa new parts 192a on Vimeo

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love it! You just can't kill 'em. If I lived closer, I would come up and make you an offer on her, I could use a second machine to replace the '76 mtd snowflite I got for my father a few years ago. Those early 60s just aren't around down on long island. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Got a 910002 Freebie Yesterday. This will Probably be Best for Parts. The Auger is in Nice Condition. I always have a few of these to swap when Customers think they've "Blown the Gearbox" when in fact, it's usually just a Roll Pin in the Gearbox. Also Did an Impeller Seal and Tune up on a 10ML60D.
I'm also picking up a 1973 10000 series Tonight. Looks to be a Very Nice Original....

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I am tempted to do this myself. I repowered my old 1996 MTD 5/22 with a Predator 7hp last year and put in a home made impeller kit made with baler belt and I started it up a few days ago and it started on the first pull of the recoil. It runs awesome and it really tosses the snow well. Makes me want to go out and pick up a few snow blowers with blown engines and repower them and shoot them with some new paint and sell them for $300 to $350 dollars a piece. I sure like to fix things and it looks like it could be a good hobby and a bit of a money making one too. I would get them ready just in time for the first big snow of the season then you can sell them for top dollar

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Gusto...This is a Great Hobby, especially if You like wrenching on things. I picked up a Very Nice Clean 1973 910008 yesterday. Got it from the Original Owner's Son. He said it "Wasn't Working", but gave no details. I changed one axle bushing, a Belt, and dropped the carb bowl to find it Clean! Machine Fired Right up, and Runs Great! Here's a quick Vid for Your Viewing.

https://vimeo.com/74406746

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Gusto...This is a Great Hobby, especially if You like wrenching on things. I picked up a Very Nice Clean 1973 910008 yesterday. Got it from the Original Owner's Son. He said it "Wasn't Working", but gave no details. I changed one axle bushing, a Belt, and dropped the carb bowl to find it Clean! Machine Fired Right up, and Runs Great! Here's a quick Vid for Your Viewing.

https://vimeo.com/74406746
Nice running machine. I never had a very good runner with my Tecumseh 5hp and it was a bear to start especially when left outside in the cold. I put on a Harbor Freight Predator 212cc and I am amazed at how well the new engine works. Since it is an emissions engine it's jetted lean for summer use and I had to enlarge the main jet a little bit since it was surging at 25 degrees and would require the choke be applied a small amount to get it to run good. I used Super floss and polishing compound and carb cleaner to enlarge and clean the jet and it runs great now even as cold as zero degrees Fahrenheit. Even during the summer it runs good since I started it up last week (75 degree) and it started in just 1 pull of the recoil after sitting for nearly 4 months and ran well. How often do you need to replace the Tecumseh's with the Clone engines?. I bought my snow blower in late fall of 1995 and even when it was new the Tecumseh 5hp seemed a bit under powered for it and it got increasingly harder and harder to start as the years have gone by. I am not a fan of the flat head Tec engines since I never had good luck with it. I have Briggs engines on both of my lawnmowers and they always start right up and run great with just the most basic maintenance. The Honda clone is awesome and always starts and runs well. I have to say it is the best running small engine I have ever seen and for the price you can beat them. Seems to run as well as a genuine Honda engine at about a 3rd the cost

1 - 20 of 136 Posts