Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the first big dump of snow landed on us a couple of days ago, and I got to put my 29 year old Ariens to work. She is a 1988 924077 ST828.

What an animal!!!!!

I put an impeller kit on her to make it more efficient in the heavier snow. Not a single complaint heard from me.

We had 35 to 40 centimeters of powder dropped overnight, and that blower would drive the snow an easy 30 - 40 feet.....which is a problem as I live in a mini home park and have limited space to throw it.

My neighbor has a 10 hp 28" cut craftsman...brand new....and it wouldn't toss the snow near as far. It kept bogging down and he kept having to let off the drive lever to let her clear out. Mine would keep on chewing and not bog down at all.

I am extremely happy. This coming weekend I am going to do new axle bearings (one gone, one is showing a little play, $70.36 at the dealer for both) and check her for loose bolts.

·
Registered
773 Posts
nice i had an ST724 for 3 years with a 7hp engine and an impeller kit. i loved it what does yours have and 8hp engine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir. 8 HP Tecumseh. Cast iron lined bore.

One or two pulls, she will fire up and stay running until I shut it off or it runs out of gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts