Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly thanks for the add, I looked through this forum beforehand helping me decide to go with an Ariens. I found what looks like a low hrs 2015 Platinum 24. It starts easy and runs great however when I pulled the covers off I noticed 2 things.
1- the drive belt seems to have either cracks or slots in it on the inside. I don’t know if it’s slots but they are strait across and uniform?
2- the bottom cover looking at left side on swing gate I have a spring loose one end is on the gate and I cannot figure we’re the loose end is supposed to attach to. I looked at the service manual but unfortunately it doesn’t show it?
Thank you in advance for any input.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering Auto part

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oneacer thx for that yes I looked forth the obvious no slots in frame there are so e protruding bolts that might be in the sprigs effective range. There are two springs on the same side of the machine attached to the swing gate, the one to the front of machine closer to the chute is attached, then there’s another connected on same part of the gate but that’s the spring laying flat not under tension. They both are on the side that little tab from the swing gate protrudes from the frame on the left side. Also if I’m changing the drive belt what’s your Opinions on replacing the Auger belts while I’m in there? Again thanks for all everyon,s input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx all that have chimed in here. Just an update I loaded the machine in the truck and went to the Ariens dealer with the covers off. The tech came out and looked at it and then looked at his service manual it seems to be an extra spring as the ones shown in the service manual are all accounted for. He also stated the machine is basically new and said the drive belt is only just starting to wear. I picked up the spare belt and a set of poly skids. I’ll button it all up this weekend and install the skids. Again I appreciated the help here, now just need a worthy snowfall to use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts