Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buffalo, New York.

My garage is small, and barely fits my current 21" machine. The Ariens Compact 20 is 22.5" wide, which would be workable with some finesse, but the 24 is sadly just a hair too wide at 26.5".

My main concern is spare parts availability / serviceability, given that the Compact 20 isn't as ubiquitous as the 24. That said, from the pictures it looks like the 20 is identical to the 24 except for the auger / housing - would that be a safe assumption? I plan on keeping this machine running for as many years as possible.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:white^_^arial^_^0^_ LostArk

Sounds like space is going to dictate your choice. So the Compact 20 would be the one. Ariens is very good about parts availability. You will see a number of us with the older 60's and 70's machines and we can still get parts for them. A much more current machine like the Compact 20 should be just as easy to repair should it be necessary.

Like my John Deere stuff I don't go the dealer unless I have to but I do use their site to look up the part number and some times the exploded drawings are very helpful in taking something apart you haven't done before. Once I have the part number I'll search the web to see about price and availability. Also check the big box stores if you're looking for something like air, fuel filter, belts, bearings. I do check the dealer too just in case. Sometimes due to shipping cost it's cheaper to go to the dealer or it's something you can't wait for and you need it now.
For Ariens - - > https://parts.ariens.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts