Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time snow blower owner here. I have a separate post on the general forum where I asked basic questions, but I am also interested in model specific info. I recently picked up a Toro CCR2450 and have a few questions: How dependable is this thing? Are there any known issues or failure points that I should address? What kind of mods have you guys made? What is a good source of parts? Any other information that would be helpful? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
I have an early 2000 model ccr2450 that still runs like a champ. the only bad part I see about it is the plastic carb, I don't think there is anything to be modded

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Strong, bullet proof, Toro single stage are the best on the market. You must use TC-W3 2 cycle oil. Wal-Mart carries it. Failure may be the primer bulb and you replace it with a Briggs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Strong, bullet proof, Toro single stage are the best on the market. You must use TC-W3 2 cycle oil. Wal-Mart carries it. Failure may be the primer bulb and you replace it with a Briggs.
I have a 726 TE that is a two stroke also and I swear by Toro 2 cycle oil. Toro 2 cycle oil also has fuel stabilizer right in the oil. Just my opinion though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts