Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Deluxe 28 out this morning and it is better than I thought after reading all the comments on here about it..I put the Armor skids on it right after I bought it because I have a gravel driveway. I have it set about 1 inch off the ground..We had some wet snow and some rain in the last week and then had some medium wet snow in the last couple of days. First of all the auto turn worked great..Never any pulling to the left or right. I use it around the perimeter of the house on grass also and it worked great. Even with the wet and slushy snow it threw it a pretty good way, maybe 30 to 35 feet, and didn't even breathe hard. We have a total of about 10 or so inches. At the bottom of the driveway was where I had my greatest concern, but it went right through it.
I was concerned that the 254 LCT wasn't going to be enough motor, but it handles it great! It made a very good update from my Compact 22 with the Suburu 169cc. The Compact was a very good machine, but with the heavier snow it took a lot of work to do a decent job.:D

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
now that we have to use engine displacement rather than hp to measure power more is better. it good to hear you got a machine you have confidence in

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I was wondering how the auto turn would work on the grass, good to know it
handled it so well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I attribute the Armor skids to the success of the Deluxe 28 with auto steer. They give the machine a lot more stability. it does not dig in, especially on the gravel. I put them on my Compact 22 also and it worked much better on the gravel driveways and on the grass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts