Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any long term users of Fluid Film undercoating on their vehicles?

Interested to see how it holds up and does it keep the salt monster from feeding on our vehicles.

Did you use the spray cans or purchase the kit with sprayer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've done it on my truck a couple years. Seems to slow the rust down but it really makes a mess under there. I live on a dirt road so the dust and dirt just sticks to the fluid film.

I just use the spray cans.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have used both the spray cans and the 4 liter pail via undercoating gun. I wasn't impressed for the price. I switched to regular car undercoating--not the rubber stuff, but the oil based that does not completely dry. I also use chainsaw bar oil (summer weight) as it has a sticky ingredient. There is an outfit in Quebec that uses canola oil. May try that--the local wildlife should love the smell of fries.

One thing I have used fluid film for that works is coating the bottom of my lawnmower and my snowblower augers and chute to prevent sticking. It is great but does wear off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Been using Fluid Film for several years now. Just finished the 20 or so litre bucket last fall. It's also good around electrical connections. Farmers have been using it on their equipment for decades against rust and chemical corrosion. It's also non-toxic and doesn't drip. It's lanolin based.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's also very good is you have a pocket of rust inside a contained area - like a car fender pocket - and you can't get with your hands to make a repair. Spray this stuff in there and button it up. Like any oil, it helps to slow the rust down.

It's also excellent if you buy a rusty, used snowblower and you have a few months in between time before you tear into it. I douse the machine with this stuff and then go after it with Coillinite cleaner a few months later. Contains the rust and makes it easier to remove the rust later with the cleaner. Also makes it easier later to wipe away all the grease and grime during that process as well. Lowe's now caries this stuff.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Debating spraying this....
Don't use this alot.
I use this on my chainsaw, hedge trimmers after use. I don't what it does.....but for long sessions where you typically might get hard sap....FF either prevents it, or mitigates it. I've yet to need to take anything to the blades to clean it off after using FF.

It does leave a tack behind....if you're OCD about dirt/dust that will attract to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts