Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an old Ariens 10ML60D that I'm going to fix up, and have no spark. I've got a Nova II set that I might use to replace the points and condenser, (if I can get the Nova system to work -- have'nt had any luck so far), but heres my question.... I pulled the flywheel, and the two magnets are simply attached to the inside of the flywheel by their own magnatism. No glue, bolts, etc...is this normal for the magnets?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope. Not normal, they should be bonded to the flywheel. JB weld works good for this. You want to make sure they go back on the right way. The orientation should be north, south and so on all the way around. If one magnet pushes away from another flip it around. Clamp them in place and let set.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Agree. Look carefully at the magnets and where they were mounted originally. Usually there's a little leftover material between the magnets and the flywheel so you can get them oriented correctly and in the original positions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks much all. I've checked them and have JB welded them into place. We'll see if that helps, after I get done looking at the points. I might try my Nova II electronic module on this machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts