Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
hmm..that machine is a bit of a mess..
looks like it contains parts from three or four snowblowers from several different decades..the scoop, chute, handlebars/control unit, and engine are all from different machines that dont match the original 1963 Snow Hound at all..
actually, IMO calling it a 1963 Snow Hound at all is morally and factually questionable..its about 25% of a 1963 Snow Hound..

Scot

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
the handle looks like it came off a lawnmower

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Well sorry, just thought someone might be interested.
No reason to be sorry at all. We are interested. You've posted a really interesting example of . . . something :confused:
I think I'd agree the the handle is from a mower and looks like it's missing it's throttle control and they zip tied the wheel drive engagement control up at the top right of the panel. With a little more work it would actually pass.

I'm amazed at the metal wheel covers acting like cleats. I haven't seen that before. It does look like a combination of a blower or three.

Just in case the ad gets pulled or the machine sold:

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
actually, IMO calling it a 1963 Snow Hound at all is morally and factually questionable..its about 25% of a 1963 Snow Hound..

Scot
BUT, 25% '63 Snow Hound is more percent than the other parts machines used to piece it together :p
Like Johnny Cash said, got it one piece at a time. Maybe he worked at Toro in Bloomington and took a piece home every week or so until he had enough to build a machine !!

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
WELL that one is been taken down. but there is one for sale in elk river, MN. I have no clue how to do the link thing. so if any body wants to tell me how to do that. or you can post it for us. ANY TAKERS?????

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Just go to the address up at the top of the page, the "HTTPwww" and right click, copy and then go to this page, click, right click and paste.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts