Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone is gonna buy this thing but unless it has gold plated trim it's not going to be me.
Not a bad looking blower but that price is going to be for a collector.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
that's just crazy, I wouldn't pay that price for a single stage ford snowblower, ford didn't even make it. it seems that Jacobson made the two stage blowers for ford, I thought about getting one but the jakes seem to be lower in price that the fords

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
that's just crazy, I wouldn't pay that price for a single stage ford snowblower, ford didn't even make it. it seems that Jacobson made the two stage blowers for ford, I thought about getting one but the jakes seem to be lower in price that the fords
only if that thing has a HEMI IN IT.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Well like we were talking about the guy with the Ariens "Trac-Team" outfit on ebay, at that price he can keep it !!

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEY JOE how come u have not invested in a POWERSHIFT YET???;);););););););););););)
Why? I have a 30', single width driveway. Most of the time last winter I just used my Toro ss.
I do have a Toro 521 in case we get something bad but I'm retired and the snow won't ever get too far ahead of me to warrant a bigger, fancier blower.
But, if you happen to be selling yours for cheap, and are willing to deliver it to me I may be interested:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Why? I have a 30', single width driveway. Most of the time last winter I just used my Toro ss.
I do have a Toro 521 in case we get something bad but I'm retired and the snow won't ever get too far ahead of me to warrant a bigger, fancier blower.
But, if you happen to be selling yours for cheap, and are willing to deliver it to me I may be interested:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:
toro made a powershift 624 :D
I'm not telling you to get one though. as you and I both know the 521 is a very capable machine and that William guy kinda talked you into getting the 521 :D

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toro made a powershift 624 :D
I'm not telling you to get one though. as you and I both know the 521 is a very capable machine and that William guy kinda talked you into getting the 521 :D
And I'm very grateful to that William guy for his advice. That 521 is a very nice blower.

·
9,612 Posts
I will have THE MASTERPIECE FOREVER. it will never be 4-sale. even if I move to warmer places. it will be coming with me. MIGHT EVEN BE BURIED WITH IT.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
MIGHT EVEN BE BURIED WITH IT.
That would be a smart thing to do. If you change your mind and want to return above ground, you could use it to burrow your way out.:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now we can actually have a gen -u- wine. FORD salamander heater (not working) to go with our extremely rare Ford blower! It can't get much better!:D

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why not go all the way and get the whole set?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Here's it's big brother just sold on ebay:

Ford 826 much better deal at $108.25

That is a late 1970's Gilson made Ford snowblower. I have a Montgomery Ward 8/26 made by Gilson. Heavy duty steel body on it and a caste Iron auger gear box too. I wonder how that 8hp Briggs runs. Mine started pretty well it just burned oil and puffed blue smoke at times. I repowered it with a new engine and I really like the machine now

·
9,612 Posts
that engine is not the original one. because of the primer bulb up on top. they came along in the late 80's to early 90's.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think you're looking at a dual shaft engine, not an easy clone to find. Being re-powered once over with apparent light use it should have decades of life left.

Pete

·
9,612 Posts
ON that 8-28 is a later BRIGGS engine 90's most likely. I do not see where you are getting those CLOWN ENGINES.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts