Snowblower Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
then why would you need to replace the carb if you already got an adjustable carb? have you tried adjusting it yet? don't buy the non adjustable carb. more headache.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
then why would you need to replace the carb if you already got an adjustable carb? have you tried adjusting it yet? don't buy the non adjustable carb. more headache.
Carb is adjusted to specs and since the engine runs and has good compression and spark I'm thinking the only thing preventing it from running well is the fuel system, a new Oregon adjustable should eliminate those issues, one of the problems with these little carbs is cleaning them when some of the passageways are blocked off with plugs , I'm guessing the idling circuits are clogged up.

·
Registered
825 Posts
those are welch (welsh) plugs, they cover up various fuel/air mixing wells. They are easy to remove and replace, find a youtube video. That carb looks clean enough from the pics to rebuild and use. I would remove all parts from the carb body, including the welch plugs, clean well and then determine if it can be re-used.

tx

Reactions: ~smokey~
41 - 45 of 45 Posts