Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some difficulty with a 2~3 year old Power Smart 22" blower I looked all over the web for assistance. There is scant information concerning this brand from Amerisun. I took it apart today and found that squirrels (I think) made a large nest in the transmission - pictures attached. After cleaning the transmission I noticed the friction wheel's tire was all chewed up but I had requested price and availability of the tire from Amerisun and their customer service sent me the entire assembly - free. I hope the pictures will be of some use to other owners of this brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Put a bar of Irish spring soap in there and you will never be bothered by rodents again. Crack the end of the box open and throw it in there box and all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have the same Powersmart 22 snowblower, but in red. Got it last year as a refurbished sale from the Orange box store. That is a great idea about the soap and will do the same as the snow season seems to be wrapping up this year. Its not a bad snowblower, worked well in Blizzard2016 here in the Northeast.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Do you remember the part number of the friction disc it uses ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep, that "fresh and clean as a whistle...."

Actually a picture I took before using the snowblower in Blizzard 2016. But once the season is over, I will definitely try that irish spring soap bar in there to deter rodents from nesting in there. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the part number I asked about when I contacted support. They sent me the entire wheel assembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts