Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Looks like some one got happy with some spray paint.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I know that Ariens made snowthrows for JD back in the 70s, the model before this one that you have posted here. But I'm not sure how long they produced for JD or for what other models.
I'm inclined to say that this one is an Ariens with a new coat of paint

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
If there're any scratches on it look for orange underneath. It's also possible this may have been a rental unit. Some rental companies paint everything they own the same color.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
i would look for wear in the bushings and bearings, asmicah68kj said its either a repaint or somebody got happy with spraypaint

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I also notice the handles say it is an 8/24, but the gas tank and engine look more like 5 HP. If you do decide to get it take a look at the engine and remember it might only be 5 HP and not 8 HP.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I agree with Shryp (good eye) that the motor is a 5 hp. That type of electric starter is used on 3.5 to 5 hp engines.

·
Registered
407 Posts
another dead giveaway it was spray painted green.. The black Ariens handles don't stay black all the way to their end down on the mounting area on tractor.. they turn green just below the big panel. even looks like a little green overspray on the panel maybe where handles turn green (hard to tell on overspray). It's a given that it was re-painted by previous post by Scot- this is just another way to tell. personally- I'd steer clear as got to much not right and under-powered for that machine now. 5 is ok on 1-stage but in my opinion not for that.. especially if you get the NY snow (why you hate the Packers!.. now my feelings hurt)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts