Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free(For Me) Ariens 32...A Man stopped with a 48" Bunton Mower-My Friend who owns a Scrapyard told him to bring it to me instead of scrapping it. He said he had just dropped a 32" Ariens there. I flew over there and grabbed it. Swapped some covers on the engine, and cleaned it up a bit. RH handlebar has a Typical Crack. Started First Pull.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm Keeping the '76. I know This 32 will sell Quick.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Very nice! Where does the bar crack? Can they be welded?

I remember someone posted about adding a support for their machine's bars (I forget the brand). They connected metal strapping from the bars (somewhere around the middle) to the frame, near the engine. It removes the bending load from the handlebars, and makes it mainly a tension load on the support.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right Handlebar Always Cracks on the Base at the Rearmost Bolt Hole. Can be Welded Using a Reinforcement.

·
Premium Member
4,794 Posts
Very nice! Where does the bar crack? Can they be welded?

I remember someone posted about adding a support for their machine's bars (I forget the brand). They connected metal strapping from the bars (somewhere around the middle) to the frame, near the engine. It removes the bending load from the handlebars, and makes it mainly a tension load on the support.
Kevin "the fixer" does this to his honda's. i went over there and saw the work. it takes the tension off the top curve of the bars where they usually break.

i found the thread, Red , that shows maybe what you are talking about. post one of Bargain hs1128

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
I'm still very happy with my score last month but it sure didn't take long to get outdone. I don't know how you guys do it. Congrats :bowing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts