Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I am a 6 or 7 hour drive away. Would grab it in a minute if it was closer, I'm looking for a winter project like this Ariens, so far no luck:(

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Unfortunately I am a 6 or 7 hour drive away. Would grab it in a minute if it was closer, I'm looking for a winter project like this Ariens, so far no luck:(
could always see if this person might be willing to sell some individually or you could pick up a couple projects. really hard to say if the value is there or not. i know older or odd machines seem like they are a harder sell

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip, but those are too rough and incomplete for me (the Simplicity or is it a Gilson, looks pretty good though).

I definitely don't need another snow blower, but restoring my old Ariens this past winter/spring really helped me get through the COVID lockdown.

I will patiently continue to look for a 60 or 70's vintage Ariens (most parts are readily available) that has hopefully been stored indoors and in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Drive pedal to the metal, you can cut 2 hours off. :D

Reactions: Ziggy65

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
ya they definitely seem a bit more incomplete than advertised but 3 out of the 4 ariens look like they might be in decent shape. 4th one looks a bit rougher but if you could get them for the right price would keep you busy for a while lol.

edit
if your looking for something interesting to restore could always see if this is still available and see if they would take a more reasonable price for it since it is clearly missing the muffler and carb cover. it is definitely cool looking but i don't know if it is $200 cool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts