Snowblower Forum banner

Free Craftsman Blower - Unknown Model Number

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  T. L. Kott 
#1 ·
All,
This was listed for free in Purdy's, NY. Found it while browsing Craigslist.

#5 ·
"runs fine but auger has some issues."

That usually means the auger gear case is damaged. A pretty costly and time consuming job, especially with rust-welded augers.

I do the same thing. I have dismantled machines and shelve the parts for future use on other units. I repair so many, that having extra parts available always comes in handy.

Unfortunately, most people don't have the time or the room to store this stuff. I am fortunate in both categories, although I must admit, room is now becoming tight .... :)

#6 ·
"runs fine but auger has some issues."

That usually means the auger gear case is damaged. A pretty costly and time consuming job, especially with rust-welded augers.

I do the same thing. I have dismantled machines and shelve the parts for future use on other units. I repair so many, that having extra parts available always comes in handy.

Unfortunately, most people don't have the time or the room to store this stuff. I am fortunate in both categories, although I must admit, room is now becoming tight .... :)
that's an excuse to build another barn. lol (y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.