Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Someone has offered to give me a White Outdoor snowblower that they claim won't start (that's all the information I have), and I'm wondering if it's worth investing time and money to get It to work.

Brand: White Outdoor
Model: 31AM53L2590

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Hi,

Someone has offered to give me a White Outdoor snowblower that they claim won't start (that's all the information I have), and I'm wondering if it's worth investing time and money to get It to work.

Brand: White Outdoor
Model: 31AM53L2590

Thanks
depends on overall condition. most no start machines just need new gas and a carburetor clean out. but it also depends on condition of rest of machine to see if worth it.

any pictures? any other info the owner told you?

this one wouldnt start either

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends on overall condition. most no start machines just need new gas and a carburetor clean out. but it also depends on condition of rest of machine to see if worth it.

any pictures? any other info the owner told you?

this one wouldnt start either
:LOL:
Yeah, I can imagine.

Condition looks good, but no additional information from the owner.

Here are a few pics
Snowblower_00.jpg Snowblower_01.jpg Snowblower_02.jpg Snowblower_03.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Looks good enough to give it a try.

check for spark. if spark, spray some starting fluid into intake and see if it almost starts.

if so , please drain gas from tank and carb, clean carb ( usually can be done with out removing ) you can post back for how to if needed.

I would take and give it a try.

good luck.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Duplicate-please delete

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Oh yeah looks like a big hole in the engine. Value is down to parts machine. Again, i would take it for parts if nearby.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i would say give it a shot. it is worth trying to fix or you could buy a running engine and swap it over if for some reason the engine can't be fixed. those engines are dime a dozen on the cheap machines. i picked up a machine with a dead $300 transmission with one of those engines on it for $40. if it has spark it most likely has carb issues. those carbs can be finicky and a pain to remove but most times you can get pretty lucky and clean them out good enough to get them running properly with them just in the service position.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Buy a Harbor Freight Predator engine for $100 and good to go. Should bring a few hundred.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Is that a website or just an expression?
well you know those single speed machines you use to see at the store for about $5-600. it was very common to see those 208cc power more engines on them. transmissions are about $300 for a new one when they fail so when the transmission fails it is usually cheaper to buy a new used machine than to fix the machine. i would still try fixing it first. most likely just a carb issue. carb issues are very common for seasonal equipment. also don't worry that machine. it is a bit better quality machine than the ones with the cheap transmission. it even has the taller shoot and handle bar warmers. i want to get that taller shoot for my machine eventually but need everything from handle bars/chute up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well you know those single speed machines you use to see at the store for about $5-600. it was very common to see those 208cc power more engines on them. transmissions are about $300 for a new one when they fail so when the transmission fails it is usually cheaper to buy a new used machine than to fix the machine. i would still try fixing it first. most likely just a carb issue. carb issues are very common for seasonal equipment. also don't worry that machine. it is a bit better quality machine than the ones with the cheap transmission. it even has the taller shoot and handle bar warmers. i want to get that taller shoot for my machine eventually but need everything from handle bars/chute up.
Thanks for the info crazzywolfie

·
Registered
855 Posts
That engine with the hole in it looks like a verticle 2stroke small low horsepower engine. Maybe it had a bad muffler bearing,LOL.
That is not the engine that is on the snowblower.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I would grab that in a heartbeat …. Just drain gas and throw a new carb on it if old one does not clean easily… only 12 to 15 dollars for a new one. ……. I am not sure if that unit has the gearbox transmission, as some units had a problem with them … Friction disc is very stable and tried and true on just about all blowers nowadays.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts