Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone lives in north- central Colorado, this was posted yesterday:

FREE Snowblower Toro 824 MOD 38080 - free stuff

"FREE Snow-blower. It will start fine. You will need to come pick it up and roll onto a truck. It did work last winter, but the auger started turning slower and would not turn at full speed. It makes a rattle sound when the engaged to throw snow. You may be able to fixed it. Text or call that you want it and a time you want to pick it up. Includes 2 new drive belts from Toro. I am located just outside of Granby, CO "

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heck, if I did not have so many other projects around the house I would go grab it, only about an hour away.
But, I don't need another hobby- I need stuff that works.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agree, might be even simpler than a belt. Heck, one time I acquired a nice high-wheel craftsman lawn mower. They guy told me is runs great until it stops. First item I checked was the fully blocked air filter. That is all it was and I had a 2 years old mower (at the time) for my regular go-to. Still using it.

I am sure I could get that Toro running, have done minor surgery on previous blowers. But, I have some other priorities ahead.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Based on the cosmetic condition of this machine, it appears to have little use and was stored in a dry garage/shed all it's life.
I don't think I have seen a machine of this vintage in such great condition, chrome handle bars, chute rotation rod and control sticks and knobs are like new. It appears paint is original, no fade or rust (even inside the bucket), all hardware and stickers look mint as well.
I can't believe the ad is still up, I would grab this beauty in a heartbeat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts