Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
That 826 is a beast...got one just like it.Two years ago, I did a valve job on it, made sure all the safeties worked, new skids and carb, changed over to a newer coil to eliminate points...looks and works like new. Two years advertised at $250,no offers.....Powershifts, same thing. I'm hoping that the storm they are talking about for this weekend in NE gets people thinking snowblowers.....

·
Registered
407 Posts
That 826 is a beast...got one just like it.Two years ago, I did a valve job on it, made sure all the safeties worked, new skids and carb, changed over to a newer coil to eliminate points...looks and works like new. Two years advertised at $250,no offers.....Powershifts, same thing. I'm hoping that the storm they are talking about for this weekend in NE gets people thinking snowblowers.....
If I lived a reasonable distance to you(and had the play money),Cranman,I'd buy that off you in a heartbeat.I used to work on one of those for a hotel owner many years ago but I had long forgotten what model it was.Looking at some pictures recently,I figured out that it was that 826.I tried it out a couple of times at his hotel,it certainly was a beast.That's what I'd like to replace my 521 with,or an old Snapper with the Briggs engine.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
can't beet free. i bet if someone got them running and made sure they worked they could probably get $150-200each for them. i sold one similar to that in the fall that needed 2 tires but ran/functioned as it should otherwise for $100. also sold one that fully functioned as it should last winter for $150 and i think it was a 8/24. snow definitely helps them sell but it almost seems like after Christmas it is almost harder to sell snowblowers since i guess people feel like winter is half way over and we have been pretty lucky with the way the weather has been. these machines are tanks tho. i almost want to make a spring loaded scraper bar for my machine and i got the idea from this style machines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts