Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with frozen snow chute cables on their 3x Cubs? My 3x 30HD freezes up after each use. Ive had the cables replaced with the same results. Any ideas?

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
:welcome: to SBF WI Banditman

The model and serial number of a photo would be helpful to understand how the cable is situated.
Is there or a need for a rubber boot at each end? Is there one there now? Is the cable looped down or does it come up over the top?
Have you ever lubed it in the off season?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:welcome: to SBF WI Banditman

The model and serial number of a photo would be helpful to understand how the cable is situated.
Is there or a need for a rubber boot at each end? Is there one there now? Is the cable looped down or does it come up over the top?
Have you ever lubed it in the off season?

Sorry, I dont have the Serial on hand. but it is a 3x 30HD I purchased it new in December of 2017. Ive tried lubing the cables which was no help. I had the cables replaced at the dealer and they froze up on the way home. It was -10 when I picked it up. I called Cub Cadet and they told me they had never heard of this problem and there was nothing they could do and didnt have any siggestions for me. UGH!!! Even the dealer doesnt have any good suggestions on what to do. As for the rubber boot, it looks like there is a plastic plug at the end but no rubber boots. The cable loops down under the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts