Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I own an Ariens Deluxe 30" EFI (921049) model blower and so far it's been great. While refueling, the nozzle on my gas can slipped in, pushing the filter and the little red marker into the tank. I was able to pull out the filter, but I can't find the little red plastic marker.

This has happened once before, and I was able to eventually find it and fished it out with a piece of a metal rake. This time, there's zero sign of it. I used the blower for a few minutes and it seems to be fine, but I'm not sure if there are additional filters to stop the plastic from going down the fuel lines.

Has anyone had this happen before? Is there a way to open the fuel tank up completely, so I can get better access?

· Registered
1,499 Posts
There is a filter screen attached to the fuel shutoff that is screwed into the tank. That red plastic piece cannot get into the fuel line and cannot block the fuel supply to carb.

· Registered
40 Posts
I have new Ariens Platinum 30 and noticed metal particles inside tank and fine particles in the carb bowl. I used magnet to get much of it. I drained tank and added in-line fuel filter. I eventually washed out the tank but before I used a USB probe camera to look inside. Is this the filter you are referring to inside the tank? It does not look like its removable/serviceable.

Attachments

· Registered
544 Posts
I have new Ariens Platinum 30 and noticed metal particles inside tank and fine particles in the carb bowl. I used magnet to get much of it. I drained tank and added in-line fuel filter. I eventually washed out the tank but before I used a USB probe camera to look inside. Is this the filter you are referring to inside the tank? It does not look like its removable/serviceable.
it screws into the tank base bung ,where it's attached to the fuel hose,

· Registered
40 Posts
I see it from the outside (see pict). Is it a replaceable item? Have you ever replaced? What's it officially called? Seems like its there to catch the big stuff but lets the small stuff through. But then you got big stuff floating around tank. I put in an inline filter but not a ton of room to put in. I had to place right next to carb. The internal filter has the green, soft, sealer around it. I hate to mess with that. Any idea if the internal filter has an Ariens PN?

Attachments

· Registered
839 Posts
Hi there!

I own an Ariens Deluxe 30" EFI (921049) model blower and so far it's been great. While refueling, the nozzle on my gas can slipped in, pushing the filter and the little red marker into the tank. I was able to pull out the filter, but I can't find the little red plastic marker.

This has happened once before, and I was able to eventually find it and fished it out with a piece of a metal rake. This time, there's zero sign of it. I used the blower for a few minutes and it seems to be fine, but I'm not sure if there are additional filters to stop the plastic from going down the fuel lines.

Has anyone had this happen before? Is there a way to open the fuel tank up completely, so I can get better access?
There is a pre-filter before the fuel pump. There's no way that's making it through the filter. If you can't see it at all, it's probably under the pump.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts