Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they move around great and no rust marks anywhere, just pay attention in setting them once the stick is under the scraper bar, as the wheel then touches the ground , but keep the skid section parallel, i.e., even with the ground. … only time will tell on there wear characteristics, but they appear to be a well made hard poly, we shall see, but at 20.00 a pair, well worth it.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) …. no, those are universal joints that I purchased at the same time as the skids for a chute rod extension/relocation on one of my restores. Just happened to be in the photo of the skids …. :)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Zavie,

Nice video, and should be required viewing for anyone purchasing a snow blower.

They mention a 16th off the ground on the scraper, … I actually like a 1/8 or slightly better, as most blacktop surfaces are not really level.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good vid and info, saw the replacement ones at my local authorised dealer today for about $34.00.
Like the ones in Amazon as described!!!Mucho Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They work great for me, starting my 3rd year with a set of them. Use them on my driveway that is not level because it's on a hillside and the driveway surface is an epoxy sealed river rock, they work well with no problems. They have no trouble with the EOD plow pile on the asphalt street surface either.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, I expect them to last awhile as well, and your testimonial confirms that ......

And btw, nice driveway .....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Got my order and like them, still have my home made ones on the 1027 but these will go on the deluxe 24

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Is it easier to "slide" (or push and pull) the machine around with these?
I'm always concerned that these plastic skids will wear out too quickly...

Claude.
i made mine about 6 years ago out of 1" thick uhmw and they have been great. There is not much wear on them after six years.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’m thinking of making a set for my HSM1336i, my driveway has a very course surface it’s nice for traction but hard on snow shovels and skids, I put a set of the poly skids on but don’t think they will last that long.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts