Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for garage kits? I'm looking for something budget minded, and enough room for two cars

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Whichever way you end up going, I do recommend you keep enough space open for your snow blower (or two eventually :roll3yes:).

Reactions: Caper50

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Very true...I better make sure the wife parks outside so I can park my snowblowers
Oh, I hate to admit this publicly, but we keep one car in our 2.5 car garage, the rest is my space for keeping the homestead up, including keeping 2 blowers, a lawn tractor, lawn mower, air compressor, table saw, miter saw, chainsaw, chimney sweep gear, extension ladders, summer tires mounted on wheels (8), and two 1967 125 Benelli motorcycles...::biggrin:

Not a safe space...just my space. Unheated though :smiley-gen125:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thus is my 28x24 setup.... fits
1 gto
1 miata
1 mustang
1 ariens 724
2 jd 828d
1 jd d110
1 jd 7p pull Cart
1 hd pull behind caster
2 tool boxes
2 work benches

Annnd I wish it was bigger. I will say of this had a double door it would be far superior then on in the middle.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Thus is my 28x24 setup.... fits
1 gto
1 miata
1 mustang
1 ariens 724
2 jd 828d
1 jd d110
1 jd 7p pull Cart
1 hd pull behind caster
2 tool boxes
2 work benches

Annnd I wish it was bigger. I will say of this had a double door it would be far superior then on in the middle.

lol....now back to reality for those of us that arent rich and famous ! :eeek:

Reactions: Duff Daddy

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lol far from that. The gto is a friends, the miata (hate to admit it is my fathers) and the other junk is mine.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My work-in-progress.

28x20 garage. I would highly recommend 24' depth. It's been over 20 years since I had a full size truck, so I ended up going 20' for depth. Super budget restricted at the time. I can live with 28' width, the 20 depth is tight.

I do a fair amount of woodworking so equip space is important to me. One car in, one car out.

2 blowers...in.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You can't go too big. (period)

I'm in 24 X 48 and with 3 cars under cover and a 12' bay isolated as a heated workshop it's OK but I'd love to double the shop size. The tractor is out in it's own shed and other that a few snowblowers in rotation they are out in the Gilson Castle, another 26 X40 of space.

I'd seriously consider extending the roof line on the back of a new garage down to a 4' knee wall. That's a lot of cheap floor space for equipment.

Pete

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 18 x 26 attached garage that was build when we build in 2003. We don't use it for parking the cars. It's not finish at all because the mistake we do is it wasn't finished, just isolated and once you have your stuff in, forget it to finish it!!! We took our vacation period to install ourselves the gypse on the ceiling that is more than 10' height and we had 4 x 12 sheet... I choose to put on the walls instead of gypse or pressed wood, canexel panels that was painted but it was so difficult to install it, sometimes vise didn't grip, there are very hard panels. Finally, the color of the canexel was too dark, so I painted and as I'm so picky, I made joints with wall paste to hide vise and cracks... Instead of making joint on ceiling, I installed 3-4 inches wide strippes of mdf to hide joints of gypse and I just did the vise joints and that makes very nice job. I had also small molding in red color to finish... but the project isn't finish yet... because it is stuffed jammed-packed and it's not easy to figure out a moment to grab all the things out depending on the weather and the time you have to do it... So, from my experience, one thing I can say is when you plan to do your garage, figure out to finish it BEFORE using it... It's included the floor. And for the floor, go to GJ or on youtube to inform yourself on options you have for finishing it and believe me, in that domain, you have ton of informations and contradictions and many advice to give you headache but it's in the process and it is value it for the final result for sure! Good luck to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts