Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stepson was astute enough to garbage pick this this afternoon. Engine is probably toast. Was stored without the plug in it, missing recoil, electric start, and gas tank. I don’t think I’m gonna bother with the engine.

The body is rusty but not awful. One tire will at least need a tube if nothing else.

So… I have like 4 engines here. The only one of the size is a predator from a few years ago. I bought two of these Predators from a sidewalk sale dirt cheap with damage to the recoils and fixed them and have them sitting waiting for a blower.

Guess the only question is can it be repowered with an 8HP Tecumseh instead? I garbage picked a Tecumseh engine in like 2016 and redid it with new fuel lines, carb etc.

The primary reason for it wouldn’t be added power but rather the electric starter.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I have a Predator 212 which I put on an older 24-inch Ariens 10000 series ... Those engines do not need an electric start and are plenty powerful.

If you desire, you could also run the Tec 8HP.

Might have to play with the pulleys/sheaves and belts, along with possibly reconfiguring the chute crank.

·
Premium GOT Member
9,812 Posts
Have you inspected the chassis/Drive etc? On a Honda it is possible to check drive components with the engine off to make sure the trannies are working.

Hate to repower without knowing that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts