Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did some end of season stuff on my 24 deluxe. After getting as much gas siphoned out of tank to a gas can I went to pour it into my cars gas tank and learned (as many of you already probably knew) that my nozzle won’t fit into the gas tank opening. It’s too short.
Does anyone have a easy solution. Siphoning seems like it will take a while even for a couple gallons. Is there an attachment I can buy for gas can? Or any other ideas

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Just did some end of season stuff on my 24 deluxe. After getting as much gas siphoned out of tank to a gas can I went to pour it into my cars gas tank and learned (as many of you already probably knew) that my nozzle won’t fit into the gas tank opening. It’s too short.
Does anyone have a easy solution. Siphoning seems like it will take a while even for a couple gallons. Is there an attachment I can buy for gas can? Or any other ideas
Yes, you can buy a funnel for just that purpose, the funnel came with my car. You can buy one from any Auto store for about a couple of $.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
As said, there is usually a funnel that comes with the car for just that purpose. What's your ride? My F150 has it behind the right rear passenger seat (along with some other stuff 😉 )

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just loaded all the extra gas cans into the cars. The funnel was long enough for that car but not for some with a longer distance to the spring lid. In addition getting the last bit out of the can you need a longer funnel.

Bonus, that car will see a huge increase in mpg. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got tired of the eco friendly gas cans that spill more fuel than I ever have in my life and switched to fuel jugs, with the long flexible spout that is long enough to reach any vehicle, truck, car, tractor. I have an old 2.5 gallon can for smaller jobs like the lawnmower and snowblower.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I use one of these, for most of my fuel transfer tasks, yard toys, truck, genny, boat etc, being well north of 70, I'm goin try to enjoy the last few years......

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
funnel with a hose

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
When Did They Start Selling Cars With Funnels????? View attachment 194389
Ford pioneered the "cap less" fuel filler on the 2009 Explorer which was the first example. My 2017 Lincoln has the cap less fuel "cap". There is an extra door in the fuel neck that must be physically opened by a fuel nozzle at the gas station or by a longish funnel that you can buy in an Auto store. The funnel is provided with the car (in my case at the entrance to spare wheel area). Here is an explanation of how it works: What Is A Capless Fuel Filler?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Siphoning it back out of the can will take about as long as getting it into the can. Was that much time? You can significantly shorten the time by raising the can or by using a bigger siphon hose

·
Registered
2 Posts
Story of my life…🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
9 Posts
find a piece of car heater hose or clear plastic tubing forom local hardware . like 1/2 inch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts