Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the 10HP Tecumseh MTD out this morning clearing heavy snow with a thick crust of ice on top from the freezing rain we got last night. It started fine and worked well but then after a bit it started sputtering and it stalled. It restarted but kept on sputtering at times. I opened the gas cap to check it there was enough gas and there was about a third of a tank. But I did notice the cap had the rubber liner out of place. It looks like what happened in this video by Donnyboy. Do I need a new gas cap? Mine is the red one at the one minute mark of the video...

·
Registered
871 Posts
yes u need a new one as its missing the metal dome which prob fell into gas tank. i had to remove my tank to fish it out. easy job btw.
u could use very small drill bit or a hot needle to make a hole in cap for venting, just make sure its in a spot where water cant easily get in.
or periodically unscrew gas cap.
if buying new try to find the one thats like the black one in vid, no metal dome.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes u need a new one as its missing the metal dome which prob fell into gas tank. i had to remove my tank to fish it out. easy job btw.
u could use very small drill bit or a hot needle to make a hole in cap for venting, just make sure its in a spot where water cant easily get in.
or periodically unscrew gas cap.
if buying new try to find the one thats like the black one in vid, no metal dome.
Thanks for this!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
+1 for Vinny...Drill a very small hole in the center, and it will Vent fine. Fish the metal Part out with a magnet if you have one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts