Most men have it regularly.
Stick your finger in it and sniff it.
Does it smell like gas?
Then it's gas.
No smell? Probably water.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Looks like a broken fuel hose down in there...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Snowblower Forum!
Look, friend, we gotta get some basics straight right offa jump:
Gas?
Most equipment runs on it.
Most men have it regularly.
Stick your finger in it and sniff it.
Does it smell like gas?
Then it's gas.
No smell? Probably water.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Smells like gas. Not as clean as directly out of the gas can. But mostly gas.
Check your oil level. If it's too high, likely fuel has leaked into the crankcase. If so, immediately stop running it, find and fix the leak (likely stuck carb float) and change the oil. Use the fuel shutoff between uses if you have one.

Your next post should contain your full model number if you need more help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check your oil level. If it's too high, likely fuel has leaked into the crankcase. If so, immediately stop running it, find and fix the leak (likely stuck carb float) and change the oil. Use the fuel shutoff between uses if you have one.

Your next post should contain your full model number if you need more help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
i don't see any visibly broken fuel lines unless your talking about the crank case vent that comes out of the valve over? there is the primer on the left side of the carb but the fuel line going into the carb is on the right side of the carb which you can just barely see so i doubt it is what your talking about. maybe you can try getting some better pics of what your talking about.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think he's talking the crank vent hose given his oil level is so high. Like Tabora mentioned you have a leaking inlet needle and seat in carb, now fuel in crankcase oil and spilling back out vent.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Running with gas in the oil is a sure fire way to destroy the engine.

Fix that issue before running any further.

I use 5W30 Full Synthetic in all my small engines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pictures show oil level well above full line. Other pic shows model number. I will work on your suggestions and then reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drained oil. Cleaned carb. Refilled oil. Started and smoked a bit but no gas spilling out of crankcase vent now. Rpm is pulsing, but havent run it long.
I think he's talking the crank vent hose given his oil level is so high. Like Tabora mentioned you have a leaking inlet needle and seat in carb, now fuel in crankcase oil and spilling back out vent.

View attachment 174856
View attachment 174857
Thanks for fixing my pictures. Wonderful!

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I put 2oz of Stabil and 2oz of SeaFoam in all my 5 gallon gas cans, which goes in every small engine I own.

I never have a carb problem in all my years on earth, which is many .... just sayin .. :)

·
Premium Member
7,901 Posts
Ran blower tonight and it performed well. With the exception of some surging all is now good.
as usual @tabora is right on and I would have suggested the same. Common problem on Older Honda engines.

Please check oil before each use to see if this wants to happen again and shut off gas between uses. If it runs good you caught it before major engine damage.

good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts