Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing I am burying a lot of my other finds under a certain Gilson Model,
I figured I would start up a more generic post to cover any of the ones I find from now on out. If you have any opinions good or bad on what I post, I would appreciate any and all advice.
So lets start with a new find:

"Gilson gear driven 24" snow blower. Model # ST624. Runs good. Pull start. $75 obo."

It looks to be a late 80's, but thats just a guess after I googled the model number. (i will try to have him send me a photo of the id badge) I do know the price is right, but the HP is a little less than I was looking for, but it could be a workhorse on my flat driveway? Who knows. Its obviously not one of the Unitrols model, and the parts might not be all readily available?
Anyways, heres a few photos of the machine I found today somewhat locally.

Thanks

Art

ITS SOLD! boo

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I say for $75 if all is well grab it. If you decide it doesn't have enough power or you just find something you like better you will have no trouble getting your money back if you decide to sell it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy just contacted me, it sold the same day. Goes to show you, price sells, and classics in good shape sell. I will keep looking.

Art

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't worry about missing out on that blower, there are tons of them out there. You'll be sure to find one that suits your needs and for the right price.

I've noticed that during this time of the year, along with early spring time, people seem to put their snowblowers out by the road for anyone's taking instead of posting it on craigslist. This is just my speculation but I have found it's out of pure frustration with that particular machine...they are trying to do the preseason maintenance, or issues with it during the previous season, but just can't get it running right. Most likely at fault of some minor issue like the carb isn't adjusted or needs to be cleaned, a bad spark plug, low quality gas, or something of that nature.

If you ever find one of these roadside wonders, either for extremely cheap or free, just remember that you have a wealth of knowledge on this forum to help you out. Don't be afraid to tackle the repair job youself. You can end up with a quality machine on the cheap, and may easily last you 30-40 years with the proper maintenance.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
The guy just contacted me, it sold the same day. Goes to show you, price sells, and classics in good shape sell. I will keep looking.

Art
Have you set your craigslist acct. for instant notification? It's a pretty good feature.
Put in snowblower
Snow blower
Snow thrower
snowthrower
Those keywords ought to cover just about everything.

·
Registered
725 Posts
That model in post 1 has the grease packed worm drive, it's not in the same league as the oil bath designs. It was not the Gilson you wanted. The traction half is great aside from this one being Tecumseh powered.

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts