Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else have a Gilson Snow Cannon/Lawn Boy Model 1850 with the 2 stroke OMC D570? I have the Gilson Snow Cannon with the Lawn Boy/OMC D570 with the Walbro HDC 56 carburetor. I want to know how I can get more performance out of it. I am one that just never has enough horsepower or is going fast enough. Exhaust port tuning? Carburetor mods? I just got done rebuilding it and haven't started it yet. I am waiting for some aviation form a gasket sealant to dry on the carb's fuel fitting for a couple days before I put gas/oil in it, start it and tune it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not sure if this will get you more performance, but you can try polishing the reed ports. I know a few guys who have done this to the Lawn Boy D series lawn mowers just to get a better seal on the reeds. I don't think this will give you more horsepower or speed, but will help with compression. When running it after polishing the reed ports, you may notice a small ticking sound which is normal. That is the reed making a better seal than it originally did when it was new. As far as performance. I think Lawn Boy made an over sized piston so you could bore out the cylinder and go larger. I'm not sure which motors they made them for and if they're still available. I have been told that the Snow-Boys although they run good, weren't the greatest at throwing snow too far, but have seen some youtube videos that look like they do a pretty good job. I hope this answers your question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts