Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this in the neighbor's shed along with an old Toro snowblower and wondered if they were worth keeping? Sorry, the tag was messed up, so I could not get the serial number of the machine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,688 Posts
There are several over the years that have had Gilson machines. Big thing I don't know about is parts availability, which can be an issue with any old machine. Any working machine is worth keeping IMO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are several over the years that have had Gilson machines. Big thing I don't know about is parts availability, which can be an issue with any old machine. Any working machine is worth keeping IMO.
Thank you. AFAIK, neither of the machines has run for several years and they do look pretty rough. It's a shame when people do not take care of their equipment.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I have a weakness for Gilson snow blowers. Here's a helpful site:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I actually prefer the older ones, provided you have the skillset on repairing them and maintaining them.

Much better quality and durability on the older ones, in my opinion.

LOL, I have 8 of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found this in the neighbor's shed along with an old Toro snowblower and wondered if they were worth keeping? Sorry, the tag was messed up, so I could not get the serial number of the machine.
Old Gilsons are great. Where is this one located? Anywhere near Boston?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts