Snowblower Forum banner

281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I know they are considered appetizers but I made a meal out of it. Satisfied my craving for spicy food. May need a swig of apple cider vinegar to help digest all that fatty sausage.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Here's some coconut macaroons: This is from King Arthur Flour, an online company that ships to your home. Just add 2/3 cup of boiling water, mix and bake for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Here you go Miles. Any question you know where to find me.

Fried potato hash ( Râpure )

1. Grate 3 or 4 ( peeled or not ) potatoes depending on your appetite. I only peel older potatoes.

2. Dry the hash. I just use paper towels and squeeze it dry. It has to be dry.
3. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Pre-heat pan to medium heat
5. Melt butter or use Olive oil. I use butter for the taste.
6. Drop heat to medium low and dump your hash in the pan so it's about ½" thick. Push the outside toward center so edge doesn't burn.

7. Here is the most important, you have to leave it 15 minutes and walk away.
8. 15 minutes later put a plate on top and flip it in the plate, then melt more butter in the pan and slide your hash back to cook the other side. Again leave it for 15 minutes and walk away. Each stove is different so success will come with time.

As kids we used to eat with brown sugar because we didn't have today's condiments. So dip in your favorite, soya sauce, BBQ sauce even spagetti sauce. I suggest not putting anything directly on top since this will remove the crispiness. Better to just dip.

You can even broil your favorite cheese on it but again this will take away some of the crispiness.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Today I'm making one of my favorite meals. 3 pepper corn beef stew.
I start with this.

Stew beef, potatoes, carrots, portobello mushrooms and onions. You can add green peppers towards the end or what ever you like.
Then drain and add the sauce and let sit for 5 minutes.

Mushrooms will absorb the meat flavor and shrink to half their size so I put them in whole.

Carrot, onions and bite size potatoes are in an hour later.

5 minutes before killing the heat I throw in some bite size bell peppers

·
Registered
455 Posts
The one recipe I kept from Mom before shipping out to the sandbox... Deep fried Won-Tons...
10203009459591536.jpg

Reactions: ~smokey~
281 - 287 of 287 Posts