Here you go Miles. Any question you know where to find me.
Fried potato hash ( Râpure )
1. Grate 3 or 4 ( peeled or not ) potatoes depending on your appetite. I only peel older potatoes.
2. Dry the hash. I just use paper towels and squeeze it dry. It has to be dry.
3. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Pre-heat pan to medium heat
5. Melt butter or use Olive oil. I use butter for the taste.
6. Drop heat to medium low and dump your hash in the pan so it's about ½" thick. Push the outside toward center so edge doesn't burn.
7. Here is the most important, you have to leave it 15 minutes and walk away.
8. 15 minutes later put a plate on top and flip it in the plate, then melt more butter in the pan and slide your hash back to cook the other side. Again leave it for 15 minutes and walk away. Each stove is different so success will come with time.
As kids we used to eat with brown sugar because we didn't have today's condiments. So dip in your favorite, soya sauce, BBQ sauce even spagetti sauce. I suggest not putting anything directly on top since this will remove the crispiness. Better to just dip.
You can even broil your favorite cheese on it but again this will take away some of the crispiness.
I know there was a lot of dissension recently when a couple members asked to have their accounts deleted. Scot and I tried to handle it as best we could but our options were limited and we weren't getting any guidance from " above " :-)
For me it was the last straw and after taking some time...