Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just got a catalog from "Surplus Center" in Lincoln, NE.
www.surpluscenter.com 800-488-3407
They have:
1. B&S 7.5 torque snowblower engine #28-1940 for $99.95
2. #28-1928 B&S 9.5 torque (not sb engine) $199.95
3. LCT 179cc Storm Force engine #28-1967 for $49.95
And many others.
I have purchased a few items from this company over the years but have no other connection with them.
Just a FYI.
Herb

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure but I don't think SC offers free shipping.
I bought 2 cheap new tires there for like $24 and the shipping was $22...
BTW... One of 2 of those cheap tires didn't last the summer out.. 🤪

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
all of them are far too small for snow around here
For sure.

Princess Auto has 15 HP Pro Point engine on sale starting today for $288.00 CND regular price is $500.00

If you click on the ad in the flyer below, it will bring up specs and reviews

Reactions: jerryvvv

·
Registered
141 Posts
For sure.

Princess Auto has 15 HP Pro Point engine on sale starting today for $288.00 CND regular price is $500.00

If you click on the ad in the flyer below, it will bring up specs and reviews

wow that's tempting!!

i wonder if that would bolt right on my MTD? currently with a 10.5 HP HMSK105

or would i need to use a custom pulley and custom length belts?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm considering the 414cc lct for my ariens... i would have to put a throttle kit on it but it would be pretty awesome

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm considering the 414cc lct for my ariens... i would have to put a throttle kit on it but it would be pretty awesome
I’m in the process of doing just that on a Ariens ST11526 924 series, Seems most of the LCT 414 cc engines are starting to come with the throttle on the carb, Big thing to watch out for on the newer Ariens is the double belt pulley for the augers and the key is part of the pulley so no using a sleeve with them, You will need a 1” shaft or you will need to find a new pulley for the double auger belt and that’s not easy to do. I have the 3/4 shaft on mine but the 924 series has a single pulley and a separate key so a sleeve works fine on this machine.

Also here is another place for cheap engines and lots of LCT for great prices.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’m in the process of doing just that on a Ariens ST11526 924 series, Seems most of the LCT 414 cc engines are starting to come with the throttle on the carb, Big thing to watch out for on the newer Ariens is the double belt pulley for the augers and the key is part of the pulley so no using a sleeve with them, You will need a 1” shaft or you will need to find a new pulley for the double auger belt and that’s not easy to do. I have the 3/4 shaft on mine but the 924 series has a single pulley and a separate key so a sleeve works fine on this machine.

Also here is another place for cheap engines and lots of LCT for great prices.
That's really interesting. You should post about your installation in the Ariens forum so that we can see how it looks!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Planned to but ended up buying a new house and everything got put on hold, New engine is sitting on a bench and old engine still on blower waiting in line, Getting rid of the last of me selling blowers then on to mine, Have 2 running blowers already so don’t need to rush but will put a thread when I get to it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Planned to but ended up buying a new house and everything got put on hold, New engine is sitting on a bench and old engine still on blower waiting in line, Getting rid of the last of me selling blowers then on to mine, Have 2 running blowers already so don’t need to rush but will put a thread when I get to it.
so your house is more important than your snowblower modification?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Wife made me say it

Reactions: Ziggy65

·
Registered
28 Posts
ThaT 15HP at Princess Auto looks tempting. Good enough for a typical Canadian Winter. I have not heard many complaints about these engines. Reverse engineered Hondas, made in China is what I was told. For the price, hard to beat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts