Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a number of folks on this forum offer suggestions, Bolens among them, of brands to look for in a used rig....and.....an invitation to post what I did ultinmately purchase for a snowblower.

My Bolens is a green, 5210, '96-ish and runs ok. Needs some carb work because the choke needs to be on just a touch to keep it running, but it runs well enough to get the job done nicely. Oddly, despite needing some choke, the plug stays reasonably clean.

Paid 250.00 for the rig and the day I got it home, the day before I had to leave for 4 days of business, I was out in the yard masking and then spraying some white paint on it to clean up the look.

Way better than shoveling and a treat to have as a tool. It is still work, but soooo much better than swinging that shovel.

Was hoping for an 8 hsp, but couldn't find one for a price I liked, so I had to jump for the 5 hsp. at that time in Jan. Of course, I look on Craig's now and there is an 8 hsp. just sittn' there waiting for me. Hoo boy.

Many thanks for everyone's offers of info help and I 'll let you know if I step up that next 3 hsp.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 8hp Bolens and it is a beast my nieghbor even said what a good machine it is and sold as a rock. The gear box is cast iron and wont explode like the new ones also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts