Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a foot of snow yesterday. The Searsasaurus ran like a champ, chewed it all up. Two little issues before I got her out. I was going to run the 7 HP one that I'm going to sell. Bought some new chains for it and the suckers won't stay hooked up, even though they are the right size for the tires. I'm going to have to wire them.
Then I have an Ariens 8 HP that I replaced the electric starter on. Pulled the tank etc while changing out the starter. Had it all together, added some gas and it ran out as fast as I poured it in. Forgot to hook up the gas line - got distracted that day and had to take the daughter to work.

Had to plow the snowplow castoffs from the sidewalk this morning (about 20"-24" - the Searsasaurus took it on without so much as a wimper.

Anyway I moved alot of snow so it was worth it. I'm happy and the others are just nits to finish off.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
the only snow around here is on that snow globe thing, lucky you

·
Registered
77 Posts
You could send some back up my way. We only got 2-3in out of it. I'd like a real storm with something like 2ft. One can only hope.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
snow

You could send some back up my way. We only got 2-3in out of it. I'd like a real storm with something like 2ft. One can only hope.
If we had gotten 2', I'd have been tempted to get the 3 stage out. The auger housing on that one sticks up at least that far and with 10 hp, it should chew up almost anything provided I can get it out of the back yard to use it (it's got a 32" wide auger on it).

·
Registered
530 Posts
Flannelman 2Ft of snow

Flannelman...Doesn't ND get slammed....My use to go to UND and he use to tell my about killer snowstorms there...you must be in snowblower heaven??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts