Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 926004 with the differential that manually locks with the handlebar lever. Six years ago, the shop replaced the differential and right axle because the splines on them had stripped. The drive failed this year and I’ve discovered that the differential spring has failed. I am going to replace it myself this time and want to know if I should pack the differential with grease before installing it. If so, does the diff need to be regularly repacked? Is not greasing it why the spring keeps failing? I ask because there is no mention of this in the recommended regular maintenance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I have a similar unit and the differential (manual locker with the lever) has quit working. It never worked right.

There is a kit ariens sells and the kit replaces that complete axle and upgrades to the current diff (auto turn) used in current production.

I'd look at that first. I saw the kit a bunch of places for sale. https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/part/ariens/72600900

Why get another locking diff like the one you have. It may fail again in short order.

I have a 2005 926004 with the differential that manually locks with the handlebar lever. Six years ago, the shop replaced the differential and right axle because the splines on them had stripped. The drive failed this year and I’ve discovered that the differential spring has failed. I am going to replace it myself this time and want to know if I should pack the differential with grease before installing it. If so, does the diff need to be regularly repacked? Is not greasing it why the spring keeps failing? I ask because there is no mention of this in the recommended regular maintenance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts