Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large, open, area at the top of our driveway, that, more often than not, I shovel.

I have to do long "push runs" to get the snow where I want it and going back for shovel
overflow takes quite a bit of time. This idea looks like it might help immensely
with overflow and should save a lot of time on light, dry snow.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
that's what the 2450 is for, the doc says I shouldn't use a shovel

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Can not understand 1 bloody word he said. might work great for that stuff. but when the bomb drops on his neck of the woods. HE IS SCREWED!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a few inches of soft powdery snow, I think this would be hardly beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpsp52nguY
My Grandfather had something similar, which would date it to at least the 60's, only his had a double handle (used both hands to push) and wheels. Basically it was a hand snow plow.

I used it when I was a kid and quickly came to the conclusion that it was only good for a few passes then the angle of the blade wanted to push it away from the snow. As I watched the video I wanted to see how this one worked after about 3 passes but they didn't show it.

We still might have ours out in one of the old barns somewhere. I know that all three of our kids used it when they were growing up and came to the same conclusion as I did and all went back to a shovel.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
that yooper scooper looks like work

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That last guy could paint it orange and work for MDOT.

How about a Yooper Scooper?

Da Yooper Scooper, 'eh | The ultimate snow shovel

https://youtu.be/7HZQhcz6m9w
I looked at those a few weeks back, and, if it's the same company, the "Scoopers" they had listed on their web-site were only like 20" wide. The one shown in the promo video I seen a few weeks ago was at least 22", maybe 24" wide.

It would help reduce "overflow," but not all that much........

Even so, I'm still considering getting one.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i have a similar thing to that yooper scooper........works great on the roof.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the one I seen a few weeks ago. The wheels are optional.

Having a bad back I "call the ball" when the snow gets more than 2-inches deep.

Sometimes I'll push the snow into berms, out in our parking area and yard, then come back later with the blower for final removal. Sometimes my berms snake around the driveway and yard for 50-60 yds. I do it this way when there really isn't enough snow for the blower, but there is after I "berm it up."

·
Registered
189 Posts
The guys here make these snow pushers out of hockey board material. They use a light wood frame with a 4 foot long by 16 inch of that 1/2" thick tough plastic material attached to the bottom of this frame. It clears a sidewalk in one pass and easy.
An 80 year old fellow in the neighborhood bought one sheet and made 6 scrapers for the neighbors around him. Makes those 3" or less snowfalls a 5 minute outing. All the widows got one of course!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wonder if the manufacturer has ever sold any of these...

Looks ridiculous to me, and I'm sure the joints in my arms would be sore after using that thing !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts