Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'll do a 100 miles for good deal on a blower......none at the moment as I'm full up and can't sell a one if I gave it away....

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. That's a long drive.
I sent my son out on a journey to pick up some parts once.:)
I have never mentioned this before because nobody would believe it. He flew in, rented a vehicle to pick up and drove home.

he did mention that he owned multiple property rentals .Probably many.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I drove 6 hours round trip for a 13hp 36" Aries pro with 12 volt start for $300 not including gas.....

But I did it anyway !!! Oh, yeah..... still sitting in my shop waiting for some love 😨😨

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I drove 6 hours round trip for a 13hp 36" Aries pro with 12 volt start for $300 not including gas.....

But I did it anyway !!! Oh, yeah..... still sitting in my shop waiting for some love 😨😨
That still sounds like a pretty darn good deal, even with the driving!

My furthest so far has only been under an hour. But depending on the deal, I'd be willing to go further.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I drove about 420 miles round trip to pick up a Troy Bilt Tracker 2690 XP for my son in December, but also visited friends along the way. I've driven 1,280 miles round trip to Mississauga, Ontario to pick up a motorcycle, and over 1,300 miles round trip to Erie, PA to pick up a boat, though...

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i drove about 420 miles round trip to pick up a troy bilt tracker 2690 xp for my son in december, but also visited friends along the way. I've driven 1,280 miles round trip to mississauga, ontario to pick up a motorcycle, and over 1,300 miles round trip to erie, pa to pick up a boat, though...
wow!

·
Registered
595 Posts
About 100 miles each way for a snowblower, but 1,655 miles each way (Denver to central PA) to pick up a Ingersoll 7020 loader.
Only a few come up for sale each year and this one had just 42 hrs on it when I picked it up a few years ago.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If worth it, I would go up to 100 miles each way. The farthest I have gone so far was about 65 miles each way for an Ariens Pro 26. My latest score was just two weeks ago when one popped up about 3 miles away. Now if only I could have a chance to actually use it...

·
Registered
669 Posts
The machines in my sig...they're terribly sentimental to me. I wanted to fix them up, sort of a matter of "family principle". I got both of them for free so there was no cost to actually acquire them originally.

Problem was, viable parts machines in Iowa are hard to find for old school Ariens. So...

a) 377 miles round trip for what I intended to be a perfect 10,000 series parts machine. I wound up fixing it up and selling instead. All it needed was the carb rebuilt. I then was luckily able to fix up the intended recipient (Bill, in my avatar) rather inexpensively...a lot of work, but thankfully cheap parts-wise.

If I had known I was going to be able to do that, I'd have never bought that parts machine. Made money on the sale, but lost when I take into account the gas.

Live and learn.

b) Next though, had no choice if I was gonna fix up my machine. 300 miles total for what turned out to be a near perfect early 22,000 series parts machine. I'm using the attachment from it as well as the handlebars (cosmetic upgrade) on Frank in my avatar. I'm keeping everything else from it cause I may never run across one locally.

That one wound up total cost being a great purchase and cost effective trip.

I had to go to Wisconsin and Minnesota to find these. In 14 months, not one parts machine for either repair had ever turned up locally. I gave my info to 3 different local repair shops/dealers and one scrap parts company. Nothing. The scrap guy told me, "I never get them in. I do sell a LOT of parts for them though. People keep those machines around here."

So, both are now in full working order. I admit though, I still scour the internet for local parts machines anyway just in case simply because they're so rare around here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts