Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I acquired a new business specializing in small engine sales and repair. In the midst of all the inventory that came with the business, we found an entire shelter of pallets with new snowblowers still in the box. The brands include Husqvarna, Craftsman, Poulan Pro. Some photos are included below.

I am located in south Georgia and have limited knowledge of snowblowers and the market for them locally is slim to none.

I am interested in possibly selling these in bulk and need some guidance with that. If anyone has some contacts that might possibly be interested or has some advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. I can be best contacted through my email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle
Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Tire Automotive exterior

·
Premium GOT Member
9,949 Posts
well , google is your friend.look up mrsp and sell at a 15% discount and they will probably sell fast in the fall/early winter.

Not sure what your target audience is if no snow in your area. how many are there?

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
I don't see any new in the box, but I do see a lot outside stacked up .... I am sure they will sell quick, but not in Georgia ..... What is that many snowblowers doing in Georgia .... lol, not like they ever get any snow to speak of.

Awhile back someone had a warehouse full of new blowers in sealed boxes, wonder what ever happened to those.

You will probably need to contact some type of salvage company like Railroad Salvage, or an auction house ... again, getting them in the north where they would sell could be costly ....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Someone from up north ( or some place where it snows) should offer up to buy them all. But they'll have to sell cheap. Time and travel down to pick them up will get expensive. And honestly you still don't know what exactly you're buying. Again they'd have to be cheap.
Just my opinion.
Or unload them for parts or scrap in the existing area.. Could never afford to ship them and be profitable for either party.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
well , google is your friend.look up mrsp and sell at a 15% discount and they will probably sell fast in the fall/early winter.

Not sure what your target audience is if no snow in your area. how many are there?
i don't know about that. i think he might be lucky if he got 1/4 of MRSP because realistically the person buying them would will have to go through them and make sure they work functions and have no issues on top of having to deal with shipping. the machines are about 7-12years old. sitting in storage for that long may have not been very good for them. i personally hate these type of machines. i find the auger assembly pretty junky and poorly built and easy to damage.

Reactions: 4getgto

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i don't know about that. i think he might be lucky if he got 1/4 of MRSP because realistically the person buying them would will have to go through them and make sure they work functions and have no issues on top of having to deal with shipping. the machines are about 7-12years old. sitting in storage for that long may have not been very good for them. i personally hate these type of machines. i find the auger assembly pretty junky and poorly built and easy to damage.
1/4 of new price at most...imo too.....
Not even so sure of that....

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
1/4 of new price at most...imo too.....
Not even so sure of that....
i did say he would be lucky if he got 1/4. realistically the person selling them after going through them might get $5-600 but who knows how much it may cost to get to that point. like you said you don't really know what your getting into till you open them up and see what you are getting into. it would likely be best to be sold to someone up north for cheap than scrapping especially with scrap prices dropping. also i don't really know what parts would be usable for someone down south. even the engines are built without air filters so they would have to be modified be used. i think they would be hard to part out. there would likely be lots of parts for someone who repairs snowblower but like you said they would have to be cheap enough that you can at least part them out and get your money back

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Maybe another one and done?

not gonna email. people on facebook are always trying to get your email and cell phone number for some reason.
Not sure what they can do with that.
Yea I kinda thought that too..And gmails always scare me when it comes to sales anyway..
Its not like anyone that would be interested in them would be close enough to go inspect them first.

How in the world did all those snow powers end up in " South Georgia " to being with ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's possible they were assembled in a factory in Georgia, then shipped up north. Cheap labor down south.

Looks like the business failed and everything that couldn't be sold just sat.

The machines look usable. Just depends on what shape the engines are in.

They look like AYP machines built after Tecumseh engines ended. The auger housing is the same as my 2006 Husqvarna, but looks like B&S engines.

They are solid machines that are easy to maintain. The only issue today is finding some parts. Install an impeller mod and it will handle any type of snow.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
There was a semi full of snowblowers that overturned on an exit ramp a few years back in that area. I'm wondering if that may be where the snowblowers came from. Why? The Craftsman in the picture is most likely a Canadian model. (Sears never sold a Husqvarna-made snowblower after 2014 in the U.S.) You can verify that by looking at the model number. If the model number doesn't start with three digits and a decimal the snowblower was headed for someplace outside the U.S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts