Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hey gang. What do you guys ballpark the carbureted version of the Ariens Pro 28 420 cc engine at? Guessing about 12 -15?

Thanks.
The 2022 Ariens Pro model with the 420 cc LCT made engine spec’d AX for Ariens is rated by Ariens at 21 lb-ft (Engine manufacturer spec’s) without noting engine rpm nor HP. Ariens spec’s the maximum engine speed at 3,600 rpm +/- 100 rpm.

LCT spec’s its 420 cc engine at 13 hp and max engine speed at 3,850 rpm +/- 50 rpm.

Reactions: alyaz

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just switching back to a new Ariens Pro 28 from a Yamaha YS928.

I have that machine and (as others also) highly recommend adding weight to the bucket. I bought a 25# SS bar and mounted it on the inside of the bucket at the top. IMHO, Ariens' screw up with wheel locations should have been compensated by providing a weight at no cost to owners.

I wash the entire machine with a hose after every use. It is about 3 years old and looks exactly like it did when delivered new.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have that machine and (as others also) highly recommend adding weight to the bucket. I bought a 25# SS bar and mounted it on the inside of the bucket at the top. IMHO, Ariens' screw up with wheel locations should have been compensated by providing a weight at no cost to owners.

I wash the entire machine with a hose after every use. It is about 3 years old and looks exactly like it did when delivered new.
I tried the Pro in 2015 and also thought the front end way too light. So i bought the Platinum. I figured the RapidTrak would solve the problem. It does in Track mode but not in Wheel mode. My dealer added a battery start with 12 volt starter and battery. The extra weight makes the front end just the right weight for clearing snow and not riding up on top of it.

Reactions: alyaz

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear ya. I’ve had wheeled and tracked machines, and for me I wanted another wheeled machine. I’ll add some weight if needed, but my experience so far (maybe due to snow conditions, etc) with my past Deluxe 24, was that with the Armor Skids it worked fine for me. I have the luxury of blowing snow before anyone drives on it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a new 2021 Ariens 28" Pro. It has 21lb ft & 13 hp, and the engine is a 420cc.

I hope it lasts longer than the Tecumseh 13 hp that was on my 1336DLE. It only lasted 14 years. The Tecumseh on my 1032 John Deere (which I think was actually made by Ariens) lasted 15 years and was still going strong when I sold it. Tecumseh 13 hp on the 1336 was not strong at all the last 3 years.

The new 459cc Predator engine seems MUCH more powerful than the Tecumseh 13 hp. More than the 2.8 hp difference on paper by a big margin.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I tried the Pro in 2015 and also thought the front end way too light. So i bought the Platinum. I figured the RapidTrak would solve the problem. It does in Track mode but not in Wheel mode. My dealer added a battery start with 12 volt starter and battery. The extra weight makes the front end just the right weight for clearing snow and not riding up on top of it.
I bought a used 2015 Pro back in September of 2019. I have no problem with the bucket weight with any type of riding up in the snow. Of course, I use it for my home use and not for business use so I do not have to rush with doing my clearing jobs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts