Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Ariens 10ML60
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this happened to me today:

I'm having trouble trying to find a part number or source for it. Has anyone else here had any luck?

·
Registered
1964 Ariens 10ML60
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or any suggestions for a replacement motor sourced from Canada? I know the preditor 212cc is a good option but apparently costs the earth to ship from the states, and no source for Canada.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You should be able to pick up one of those screw in mufflers anywhere, pretty standard.

I also imagine running those Ariens in a summer environment, like the lawn mower attachment, you should be using the air filter attachment, instead of the winter heater box.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Muffler? I don't need no D... muffler.

Those mufflers are standard, and cheap, might be 1" pipe threads. Put Never-Seize on the threads. Use a pipe wrench to remove the muffler, if not hacksaw, torch, tough if you don't have the right tools. Try not to remove the poor from the block as you may ruin the engine threads.

·
Registered
1964 Ariens 10ML60
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be able to pick up one of those screw in mufflers anywhere, pretty standard.
Hmmm. OK, the reason I posted here is that I went to my local John Deere dealer and he couldn't find a source, said that it had been discontinued and I'd be looking at fabricating one. I'll continue searching.

I also imagine running those Ariens in a summer environment, like the lawn mower attachment, you should be using the air filter attachment, instead of the winter heater box.
Yeah, I have one on order, hopefully it will fit.

I may get one of these 7 HP 208cc OHV Gas Engine | Princess Auto and work on the Tec over time. It goes through a lot of oil on top of needing the filter and now a muffler.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Princess auto sells those mufflers cheap

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
DE83A3CE-3E16-4130-8205-9C2467065870.jpeg
Homemade manifold and princess auto muffler on left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts