Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I go to thinking about trying to adapt a Predator style carb to a Tecumseh H-60 engine. Turned out to be something of a can of worms. Good thing I like a challenge.


It is not "Plug and Play" by any means. There are a bunch of small mods involved. The one large mod is the adaptor plate between the carb and the engine block. Once I had that worked out, it was just a matter of making all the small mods, one at a time as needed. I was able to use all the original Tech carb linkage. I only had to re-shape one end of the governor rod.


This is what I ended up with---- I still have to put the rest of the engine back together, before I can test the carb.





There was a capped 1" hole in the front of this heat box, so I just expanded it for access to the choke arm and fuel shut-off.



One of those magnetic advertising cards, with some stick-on Vinyl, makes a good cover. ---- John


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
Nice work, John. You always do interesting fabs and mods. Some of the restore/rebuild jobs you have posted here and over at MTF are simply phenomenal.
I was given a BCS tiller that had been left sitting out for many months. Air cleaner was missing and carb was absolutely trashed. I have an h50 Tecumseh sitting on the shelf and .... Long story short I got that carb mounted on that BCS engine and it worked perfectly! Governor worked with minimal adjustment and started right up every time.
There was more to the repair than just carb. Piston was stuck etc. Lots of patience and good fortune paid off.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top