Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I just got a new to me Deluxe 30. I'd like to add heated hand grips, but locally (Saskatchewan, Canda) they will run me $165. That seems insane. Does anyone know if there is a more cost effective option or a knock off that will work? I like the idea of OEM and the wire harness, but yikes that price!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a pair of warm gloves.
That might work in BC, but I'm in Saskatchewan. Even my warmest gloves aren't enough in bad weather. I don't know if you've been out here in the winter, but -20 to -40C with high winds is a killer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi All.

I just got a new to me Deluxe 30. I'd like to add heated hand grips, but locally (Saskatchewan, Canda) they will run me $165. That seems insane. Does anyone know if there is a more cost effective option or a knock off that will work? I like the idea of OEM and the wire harness, but yikes that price!!

Thanks in advance!
Before you go spending for either OEM or aftermarket warmers verify that you machine can handle the additional electrical load.
from the quick search that I did it seems the model 921013 did not come with the option to add hand warmers
but I could not look up the engine manual and stator specs (Engine model / serial required)
You can look up your blower and engine user and parts manuals on Ariens site Product Support - Ariens
HTH
JerryR

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before you go spending for either OEM or aftermarket warmers verify that you machine can handle the additional electrical load.
from the quick search that I did it seems the model 921013 did not come with the option to add hand warmers
but I could not look up the engine manual and stator specs (Engine model / serial required)
You can look up your blower and engine user and parts manuals on Ariens site Product Support - Ariens
HTH
JerryR
Thanks for the tip. I don't see a mention in the manual (it came with my purchase), so i assume you are correct. I wouldn't want to cause damage. Ha warmer gloves it is!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I don't see a mention in the manual (it came with my purchase), so i assume you are correct. I wouldn't want to cause damage. Ha warmer gloves it is!
Don't give up so fast, I don't know which manual you have but take a look at the Ariens site (click on Product Support-Ariens at the end of my earlier post) and drill down to find the engine used in your blower. The specs might tell you the capacity of your stator, some of the newer models have a 60W stator, if that is what you have, you are good to go.
HTH
JerryR

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't give up so fast, I don't know which manual you have but take a look at the Ariens site (click on Product Support-Ariens at the end of my earlier post) and drill down to find the engine used in your blower. The specs might tell you the capacity of your stator, some of the newer models have a 60W stator, if that is what you have, you are good to go.
HTH
JerryR
I found the correct manual and it shows alternator 797090 Reference 474G, but no wattage.

And a specification manual, but I don't see details there either yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a new to me deluxe 30 with the hand warmers and I love them. I routinely go out for about an hour and I really need them. I think my model is around 2012ish

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Consider putting your light on a switch. That might give you enough juice to use handwarmers. What does your Ariens dealer say about adding them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Consider putting your light on a switch. That might give you enough juice to use handwarmers. What does your Ariens dealer say about adding them?
My Airens deal can get me the part to add it, they didn't make any mention about it being an issue, but they are $150 plus unknown shipping fees.. which is pretty insane.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
usa to canada in dollars isn't it about 70 cents Cd to 1.00 USD? thats a hurt for you
It fluctuates, but at one point is was up to $1 USD = $.76 CAD today.. it was $.60 a couple Christmas's ago when I was in Hawaii... that hurt. Add to that the trade wars between our countries and I end up having to pay extra fees and taxes. I think this year if I can't find a really good price or knock off I'll be putting the money into some better gloves. So if I can find the model number I can maybe find out the electrical draw and choose a $20 version..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts