Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was scraping my knuckles on the stucco of my garage this afternoon while using my Simplicity, I couldn't help but think what a great design the Bobcat bars are.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
I always thought they looked funny but that's a great reason for their design.

I'm also wondering if it's more ergonomic friendly than just having straight bars like most machines ??

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's a lot of professional walk behind lawn mowers with this style of handle bars....they're like this to protect the operators hands while turning.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty much all lawn mowers have loop type handles so your hands are protected. It would be a nice feature on snow blowers too. I have a narrow dog-run beside my garage and need to get as close as possible to it. Maybe the manufacturers figure you are wearing gloves or mittens anyway, but likely it is just cheaper to produce.

·
Registered
109 Posts
GMH
You should move out of Winnipeg. In Sault Ste .Marie it doesn't snow in garages. But seriously, I have one BobcaT that has it's handles oriented in the traditional manner and I don't like it ... it feels like it is more effort to turn, more downward force. It looks like it came out of the factory that way.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GMH
You should move out of Winnipeg. In Sault Ste .Marie it doesn't snow in garages. But seriously, I have one BobcaT that has it's handles oriented in the traditional manner and I don't like it ... it feels like it is more effort to turn, more downward force. It looks like it came out of the factory that way.
Here in Winnipeg we stucco the OUTSIDE of our garages.:icon-hgtg:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Some man caves here have TVs ,recliners ,chesterfields , fridges,are drywalled ...the whole nine yards. Guess that hasn't worked it's way west yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well out West we first drive down NG wells. Then we have the recliner, walk in fridges, Smart TV and beer. Good award winning Western beer. Last fall I was putting an electric stove in the one garage across the street. Guy across from me had a full beer plant going before he moved 2 years ago. So our garages have cheap heat. We cook our fish! Things are good out West!! LOL All in fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts