Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Noma snowblower that I bought in the mid-1990's, It has a 8 HP Tecumseh engine: HMSK80 155480S (D)
I normally start it by full choke' full throttle, pump the primer and pull the cord a few times and it starts up.
The other day before a storm was coming I tried starting it the way I always do and it would not start.
After about 15 minutes of trying I put the throttle on idle and it started. So now the only way it will start
is on idle. Any ideas on why?

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I have a Noma snowblower that I bought in the mid-1990's, It has a 8 HP Tecumseh engine: HMSK80 155480S (D)
I normally start it by full choke' full throttle, pump the primer and pull the cord a few times and it starts up.
The other day before a storm was coming I tried starting it the way I always do and it would not start.
After about 15 minutes of trying I put the throttle on idle and it started. So now the only way it will start
is on idle. Any ideas on why?
Most engines have a starting point where it is NOT on Full Bore. why it did that before could be the linkage was some how messed up. or other things that the masses at hand here will voice their ideas on sooner or later. ALOHA From The Paradise City. :smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was checking out the linkage and just looking everything over and everything looked ok.
So I ordered a new carb from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XLMLWG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I figured for only $15 it was worth a shot.
Replaced the carb, primer bulb & hose and the gas line from the tank to the carb, the gas line was getting brittle.
It fired up on the first pull. just has to adjust main adjustment screw on the bottom of the bowl slightly and then the idle screw slightly.
Now it starts right up and runs fine.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Was checking out the linkage and just looking everything over and everything looked ok.
So I ordered a new carb from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XLMLWG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I figured for only $15 it was worth a shot.
Replaced the carb, primer bulb & hose and the gas line from the tank to the carb, the gas line was getting brittle.
It fired up on the first pull. just has to adjust main adjustment screw on the bottom of the bowl slightly and then the idle screw slightly.
Now it starts right up and runs fine.

So this is with new carb. on I assume???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts