Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hooking up my key for my snowblower but my wire or connection was undone and broken,how does this go or connect to this does anyone have a similar one that can show me on yours and where to I get the connectors ,what are they called ?Thanks for any help much appreciated..The last picture is the white wire and the place where I think it goes?
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface

Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Font

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Rim

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I can't see it due to the photo angle, but that block should have a tab for a spade connector to slip onto:

Fashion accessory Font Service Chemical compound Office supplies

If that tab is still there, great. You just need to install a new spade connector on that white wire.

Sometimes, that tab breaks off. If it's broken, you can pop out the old block and replace it.

Part numbers are in a previous thread: Kill switch wiring Craftsman c459-52250 26" 8hp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Sometimes there will be a multi tab there, or as I mentioned, a main block piece on the housing usually, where the live coil feed attaches. The key wire, as well as the kill tab, both ground out the live coil feed when applied, that's how they work to shut off unit.

·
Super Moderator
2,926 Posts
The key switch under the carb cover is nothing more than a simple on/off switch. When in the vertical position it grounds out the coil wire. When it's in the horizontal position, it breaks the connection allowing the motor to run. There should be an extension to that wire that runs down to a switch on the throttle, when the throttle is closed it grounds out the coil.
If you look hard enough you can find a replacement switch if needed, or simply replace it with a toggle switch. When it's off you can start the engine, when it's on it will kill the engine. Pretty simple stuff.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The kill wire attaches to the tab that is missing on yours .. Wood Automotive tire Gas Rim Bumper
Wood Automotive tire Gas Rim Bumper

Reactions: Tony-chicago
1 - 8 of 8 Posts