Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a gap between the headlight lens & the black plastic panel that it fits into on my Craftsman blower. I need to seal it some how otherwise rain, snow, dirt, etc. will get in the housing. Any suggestions how this could be done? I'm considering using RTV silicone.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Would pick up some 100% silicone. That will do it. I would just caulk the top and sides, leaving the bottom alone in case any condensations gets inside

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Would pick up some 100% silicone. That will do it. I would just caulk the top and sides, leaving the bottom alone in case any condensations gets inside
+1. This would be about the ONLY time I would recommend going to a big box store. Pick up a tube o Silicone (should be about $3.00, assuming you have a caulk gun) and have at it. If your really good you should be able to trowel it out and have it look professional.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems all good now...

Thanks cdestuck & liftoff1967.

Well prior to reading this, I had at it. The lens is held in by 2 aligning tabs at the top & 2 locking taps at the bottom. I needed to remove the lens in order to put a bead of the RTV silicone along the edge of it. Even though I was being careful, I did manage to snap the top 2 tabs off. But it went back together just fine without any gap! I had already put the silicone on so I just left it there figuring it'll make an even better seal that way. I'm thinking that there was a problem with one of the top taps with caused the gap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts